Cooking with Cannabis is Easy with Distillate!
Cooking or baking with THC Distillate is actually very easy, though not quite as simple as just dropping it into a pre-made brownie mix. At the very least, you’ll have to do some stirring.
You can add THC Distillate to any recipe that has oil or butter in it! What you need to do is get the THC into the butter, or some other type of oil. You can use Olive, Coconut, Vegetable, or even Canola oil, but I prefer real butter.
What you need:
- One gram cannabis distillate
- A bowl of hot water
- Oil or butter
- An oil or butter-based recipe
- Prepping your distillate and Oil or Butter
- Place your distillate container or syringe into a bowl of hot water to warm it up. Do NOT use boiling water as you may degrade your distillate.
- While you wait for that to warm up. Measure out the amount of oil or melted butter you need for your recipe, into a microwavable mixing bowl, or you can use a double boiler.
- Decide how much distillate you need.
- 1000mg is what usually comes in a syringe, and that’s just under 1ml.
- All you have to do is divide that by how many individual servings you’re making.
- So, if your recipe makes 24 cookies, and you use 1 gram of distillate. Your cookies will be (1000/24) 41.6mg each.
- If you want to make 12 cookies with 50mg each, you would add (24*50=600mg) about 0.6ml. On the syringe, push it until it’s just below the 0.4 mark to add about 600mg.
- If you would like to be more precise, a scale should be used.
- Homogenization (Mixing)
- If using a double boiler, place it on medium to medium-low heat, not boiling. Stir frequently for several minutes to ensure it’s mixed well.
- If using the Microwave, use Medium Power! Not High! In a microwavable bowl, heat the mixture for 2-3 minutes.
- Be careful not to over heat or burn the mixture. Keep it under 100c or 220f.
- Use it in your recipe
- Your oil or butter is now ready to be used like it would normally be, as per your recipe’s instructions.
As mentioned above, cannabis exposed to high temperatures does degrade, so be sure to keep the temperature 162c (325f) or lower.
Be assured that you won’t lose any of the cannabis’ kick through baking if done properly. Remember, distillate is extremely potent! So do your calculations ahead of time, and ensure you start with small portions.